20 June 2016

[GS Review] - May



Nearly half way through the year, May was a time for painting more and spending less. My spending even went down!

The overview:



The pictures:

Bloodbowl has been the focus this month and, until I get my team finished, will continue to be the focus of my brush-based geeking.



The details:

SPENDING / NEW FIGURES

  • £3.96 - Oldhammer Day (France) miniature - chaos dwarf
  • £23.00 - wolf-rider, standard bearer, archers from the Crooked Claw closing down sale
  • -£30 - sold off a couple of bits/birthday money


1/4 goals completed.

CORE goals
  • finish painting a 24 point Undead warband
  • finish painting a 24 point Chaos Evil warband
  • finish painting a 24 point Dwarf warband
  • finish painting a 24 point Bretonnian Chivalric human warband
STRETCH goals
  • paint a 24 point Orc and goblin warband
  • finish my giant (finally!)
  • paint a zombie dragon (that'll be my Deadcember 2016 project, I hope)


1/4 goals +1 stretch completed.

CORE goals
  • model and texture three 100cm by 50cm gaming boards
  • build some trees in scale (ish) with the figures (i.e 6-11 inches tall)
  • convert three chaos centaurs
STRETCH goals
  • model and texture a fourth gaming board
  • model and texture a fifth gaming board
  • gamify the toy castle I bought last year


1/3 goals completed as originally stated, but I have played some other games as well and am now keeping a total tally in addition to considering my goals.

Dragon Rampant - 3
X-Wing - 2
Swords & Wizardry sessions - 9
Knights' Quest - 1
Blood Bowl - 5 (3 of them on FUMBBL)

CORE goals
  • play two games of Dragon Rampant with different forces
  • finish writing Knights' Quest
  • write an Oldhammer scenario involving Father Christmas (yes, seriously)
STRETCH goals
  • Play moar gamez!


Core goals are on target. I'm not sure I can claim they are completed unless I manage it for the whole year, but I'm going to colour them green anyway!

CORE goals
  • blog an average of one post every five days (i.e. six posts per month)
  • give a monthly update of how each of these goals are going
  • give a monthly update of how much I've painted, built, gamed, acquired, and spent
  • co-ordinate Deadcember 2016, along with a prize for the best contribution
STRETCH goals
  • take a group picture of what I paint each month using my lightbox
  • sort out proper galleries of my figures for this blog

How are you getting on with your goals for 2016?
Rab

2 comments:

  1. Nice achievements all around, I love this BB band !
    I've tried to submit myself (followed by other friends) to a buying embargo wich that includes anything I have to paint and excludes anything that makes me paint (like brushes, paint and other stuff). I've managed to break it though by buying some scenery but I full intend to continue on this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, JB, I like your approach and might include that next year. Like many other gamers, I need to actually do something with the stuff I already have!

      Delete