As the amount of time I have to actually sit down and get into the painting groove is so limited, I often am put off starting miniatures in case I make a balls-up of it. The thought of having to start again is so unappealing that I'd then be stuck with a figure that looks a bit poo. Or, more accurately, with a half-painted figure gathering dust that looks a bit poo.
However, if I'm going to complete my self-imposed challenge of completing this army this year, there's no time for (more) dithering. This is the result:
I rather liked the idea that the horn/crest/growth on top of the knight's head was actually a part of him protruding through the helmet so coloured it the same as the tentacles sticking out underneath. I'm not sure I'll do another one with coloured metallic armour as I find it a real pain to do and it nearly made me give up early on. Contrasting it with the almost pastel blue and pink saved it, to my mind, and the lizard was fun to do. I shall do the base foliage for a whole bunch at a time so until then (as he has no shield), he's finished!
- 4 knights
- 3.5 centaurs
- 6 beastmen
- 2 minotaurs
- 14 dwarves
- 5 foot knights
- 17 thugs
- 3 banners
still to paint. Easy! After all, I've managed one figure in five weeks...