15 January 2018

D&D party - WIP 1

I'm enjoying painting up these Ral Partha figures for the current characters in my Averaigne campaign which we're playing using the BFRPG rules for a retro-D&D experience. All are WIP, and just snapped with my phone - proper photographs will happen when I finish a batch of them. There are eight characters in total, and two extra pieces if I get round to it. The plan is to complete them all by the end of February.

Gwen Smoll
A tough little fighter who will, when the situation demands, "just whack it with [her] axe".



Oiseau Nouriture
Lights his sword on fire to receive divine guidance.




The man with no name
The next character that Ed O will doubtless get killed in highly characterful but entertainingly idiotic ways.



5 comments:

  1. A nice `crew' to go dungeon crawling with, but wait no wizard with obligatory tall floppy hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our wizard has a badass "phantom of the opera" mask and an improbable level of luck when it comes to overpowering (natural 20) when casting cantrips.

      Maybe the floppy hat comes with age?

      Delete
  2. Looking good Rab! Regarding 'The Man With No Name': http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=3-Stage_Player_Characters#01-316 I thought I recognised him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it is! I think I like the mid-level model best of the three, and the first stage has exactly the same miscast across his right cheek as mine did.

      Delete
    2. Looking further down the list, I've got hobbit thief stage 3 coming up in this adventuring party, too.

      Delete