Assuming that the fallout from the more unexpected political events of 2016 isn't actual fallout, I've made some hobby-related plans. Although last year's Geekstarter worked quite well, I'm going to go for something even simpler, if no less grand in its aspiration. My plans are...
Complete a 3,000 point Chaos army, as per the Big Orange Book*, but with the simplified equipment points costs (and centaurs) from Warhammer Armies. I'm going to give it its own Page tab at the top.
I've various other bits and pieces I'd like to get sorted as well this year and will turn to when I want a break from my Main Goal.
- finish my orc Blood Bowl team
- add "water" to my terrain board dry rivers
- trees for the terrain boards
- finish the retinues for my medieval reskin of Space Hulk, Catacombs
- get more gaming rules writing done, and shared
And that's it! I'm going to assist in maintaining my focus by also undertaking a Pledge
Not to buy any new miniatures for myself. Ok, I'll allow myself a couple of exceptions: bargains, if they won't be available again, or if I've sold a similar number already. Ideally, I'll end the year with no more miniatures than I started it.
There you go. That's it. Do you have plans? Feel free to share them in the comments below.
Happy new year,
* i.e. the 3rd Edition Warhammer Fantasy Battle rulebook