[The story so far]
Session 37 - in which they run away and then go back
The adventurers are hopelessly outclassed by the cultists an their bone golem, so they
NOTE: in order to keep a complete record, but not put off posting these any longer, I'm just transcribing my DM notes. Short and sweet.
- Middle of the fight
- Dumnorix manages to lift Gwen and run (nat 20)
- Jean struggles to drag Nausicaa, gets caught, gets nearly smooshed by the bone golem, which then goes beserk (while the others run away) and then does smoosh him
- the rest sail away, Gwen unconscious, stump wrapped in Dumnorix's pashmina, leaving Nausicaa and Jean behind, probably dead
- they encounter the lizards and persuade them that the temple lot are egg smashers/eaters
- the albino asks where the rest of their "hatching" are and agrees to help them get Jean and Nausicaa back
- Nausicaa's body in the corner, Dumnorix and Tybalt make for it. Dumnorix stands guard while Tybalt checks for life. Alive - just!
- Gwen obv. off-balance without arm fails to do much, Montagne charges in alongside the lizards fighting the still out of control bone golem
- Blanco gets blasted by the leader (evil cleric) of the cultists
- Hands of night, spiritual hammer - the evil cleric proves powerful and starts spilling adventurer blood left, right, and centre
- Montagne vs. bone golem in epic OP battle. Montagne wins.
- Dumnorix smacks evil cleric
- Gets cursed for his pains
- Gwen get natural 20 to masked face and kills her foe!
- Distracted by leader's death, the cultists are slain by the lizards
- keening, the lizards make off with the bits of blanco and their other dead
- the just (sooooo many save vs death) alive body (-3HP for a lvl3 fighter) of Jean is found on the slab with odd smelling candles all around
More coming soon....