1 April 2014

From the Interwebz #1 - Steve Dismukes

A while back I posted a couple of "Follower Guest Spot" posts with cool stuff from the blogs of those who follow here but there's so much crossover between the readers of each blog on my list that this seems less necessary nowadays, particularly with the advent of the Oldhammer blog with its roundup of the fantasy blogosphere.

However, there is still cool stuff out there that I come across from time to time from beyond my usual internet hinterland that I think deserves a wider audience. This is one of them; a great mini-comic by Steve Dismukes that gamers and parents (and gamer-parents) will probably particularly appreciate:







The seamless blend of childrens' book structure and references with a darkly comic D&D setting makes this pretty special, in my opinion. And it made me laugh!

Do go and see what else he's drawn by visiting his website to read his ongoing comic following the miserable lives of some low XP creatures in a necromancer's dungeon, and considering his Patreon campaign. Support your geek artists!

Rab

4 comments:

  1. Ah, I'm glad it all worked out for the Hungriest Rust Monster and he didn't even get a tummy ache.

    Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you are familiar with Eric Carle's oevre :)

      Delete
  2. Cool. Thanks for putting this up. I've got a way to get my four year old nephew into d&d.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent :) Start 'em young, I say!

      Delete