29 September 2017

Stab!

Well, Japanese stab binding at least, which is a binding style that threads around the spine of the book, making it perfect for single sheets.

Never one to pass up an opportunity to pick up a new hobby, especially if it involves some aspect of creativity, I've been doing a bit of basic bookbinding. Aside from notebooks I've made a couple of sketchbooks, one of which is a thing of beauty if I say so myself and will be a Christmas gift to an artist friend. I also thought that the various pdf modules I've downloaded from RPGDriveThru would be easier and nicer to use if I printed them and bound them.

In order for my printer not to die, I put together my own black and white covers, reusing some of the lovely oldschool artwork from within the modules themselves.

So here we go:







4 comments:

  1. Kudos! What a wonderful. new hobby you've engaged in. May all your work be this creative and pleasing to behold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! What a kind comment! I shall do my best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice looking.

    You will have to show us the sketch book when you gift it.

    ReplyDelete