13 September 2017

The red dwarf and the blue dwarf had a race


I've long been an ardent admirer of how Blue in VT paints, in particular the smoothness he gets on his multi-coloured chaos dwarfs. Now, that smoothness is not really my style (and is beyond my current skills anyway), but I did draw on them for inspiration for these two short and wicked fellows.

They are from Clam's Eval Dwergar range and they were a delight to paint, even if they were a bugger to photograph. My chaos dwarf contingent is made up from about a dozen from this range, a couple of old Citadel (pre-big hat), and a couple from CP models. I think they go well together while retaining a nicely chaotic level of variation.

Here are the first two:










Yes, there are problems (especially with the lamellar skirt on bluey), but if I get too picky I'll never make any decent progress.

Rab


ps -  I challenge anyone who grew up in Britain in the late 80s/early 90s not to know the advert tune that goes with the title to this blogpost.

6 comments:

  1. I want a Milky Way now :( and great looking Dwarves mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think the advert was about dwarves however.... but a very good twist on it. Interesting Dwarves...obviously one has been outside on guard duty for far too long and is a little cold!!!

      Delete
    2. There are green, yellow, grey, orange (perhaps), and metallic all to come.

      Delete
  2. Blue is a great source of painting inspiration. I too cannot achieve the expert level of blending that he does. Probably the 20 year break in painting, and general lack of talent, have something to do with it in my case. Two great new sources of Chaos Dwarves that have a great oldschool feel. I look forward to seeing the force progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He certainly is, Sean! I hope to paint more than procrastinate as we move into "indoor" season.

      Delete