2 October 2015

Welcome

I noticed that my follower count has crept up over the last month or so and thought this would be a good point to welcome you. I'm glad you have enjoyed my recent output enough to let me clutter up your news feeds. The picture below is a good example of the sort of feel I want in my fantasy games - mostly medieval, with a hint of the wild and magical (for good or evil!). It's from the short-lived Red Giant magazine by Gary Chalk and comrades. Most of the figures are early 80s Citadel as far as I can tell; I know I've painted some of them myself!


What perils await them? Or indeed, you, new readers?

Wait and see,
Rab

8 comments:

  1. I'm an old reader (pun intended) but just wanted to say thanks for keeping up the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old? Nonsense! Don't forget what George Bernard Shaw said - "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

      Delete
  2. ^ I second that sentiment as well Rab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always enjoy seeing anew post voer here, it always seems to use Oldhammer fun. ;)

      Delete
    2. Cheers, ABG :) When it comes to hobbies, if it's not fun, why do it?!

      Delete
  3. That particular set of pictures from Red Giant have been an inspiration since I bought the magazine in the early 90's. Great taste sir, I love the ones that show many of the same figures battling through a village.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only just discovered the existence of Red Giant and am trying to track at least an e-copy down. If the other photos are up to the same standard then I'll be in geeky heaven!

      Delete
  4. Wow... what a nice picture! Now I need more stuff... Red Gian you said? :-)

    ReplyDelete