30 April 2012

VSF shopping spree

As I've now painted more miniatures than I'd acquired (net), I decided to indulge myself with a couple of VSF things I've been hankering after :) All the photos below are stock images - I only ordered them last night.

First stop, Ironclad Miniatures for some dastardly Prussians (more on them in a moment), as well as a steam tank for my nascent British force, and a commander to look all heroic poking out through the turret.




 

And then, to equip the impulsive and antagonistic Freiherr Otto von Schwarz's* Fliegendampf Jager, I bought enough of these wings from Hoard_*_bits on ebay:


I reckon some winged bad guys (I'm playing the Brits, remember!) should add to the fun.

* The dear baron/freiherr is going to be the recurring nemesis for the VSF games that I hope will take place at some point in the next year or so. And if you think he's bad, just wait till you meet his wife...

2 comments:

  1. Can I ask what rules set you use for your vsf? Thanks, Johnny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided on the full whack of G.A.S.L.I.G.H.T. as the rules to use - nice and customisable, a little bit random, and easy to have loads of players. Also a hint of roleplay/skirmish-type characterisation of the key characters.

    Sadly, I can't see VSF taking off round here and I'm about to sell all this stuff on, unpainted. If you're in the UK for postage then I'm sure I could geeeve you good pri-i-ice!

    ReplyDelete