24 November 2013

High art

Well, maybe that should be "Hi, I did some art" and even then, the "art" bit might be stretching things!

To celebrate this blog getting its fiftieth follower (Hi Steve, I love your blog; it's a big part of what drew me into the Oldhammer "movement") I thought I'd share with you some drawing I've been enjoying doing with my kids. There's a great "how to draw" book by Mark Bergin that has step-by-step instructions that are designed for children (or drawing dunces like yours truly) to create fun little knights and castle pictures that I think are full of naive charm. This is the book:

No amazon link - support your local independent bookshop!

And this is what I've art-ed:


Knight with pokey stick

Knight with spiky hitty thing
I even made up my own composition here - I'm practically Picasso
If you'd seen my previous failed attempts at stick men, you'd be impressed! I had fun coming up with different ways to shade. I could get into this drawing lark.

Happy creating,
Rab

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, yorkie! I'm putting the finishing touches to the rule tweaks for the next version of goblinquest (still not happy with that name) and I shall illustrate it in this style, at least for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Concept sketches for a new miniature line?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaj - sort of like a medieval-fantasy plastic toy solder line, like your avatar? That would be fun :)

    ReplyDelete