28 July 2015

Roar!

Progress on the warband continues with a minotaur, the first of three that are needed to bring my RoC band up to their paper strength. I'm pleased with how he turned out, especially after an early setback when I didn't mix the base flesh tone properly and it separated slightly on the model. Lesson learned!

I'm still fiddling about with how to use my new light tent with the camera I have. Simply by twisting the setting dial on the top, changing nothing else, gave me all these variations!


Crazy, huh?


I picked the one I felt was closest to the real colour but still retained a sense of brooding menace (listen to me poncing on!) and here you go:


I also thought I'd try out fitting my 2' square grass board in the tent - it can be made to fit. Just!


I can't decide which I like better. Any preferences out there?

After the brief flurry of posts over the past few days, I will be away from all hobby kit for about ten days. See you on the other side! Until then, those of you going to BOYL, post plenty of pictures for me to be jealous of, and have a good time. Maybe next year I'll get to go again...

Rab

9 comments:

  1. Give us one close up of you bull Dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or perhaps *of your* ;)

      When I get back from hols I'll have a go - glad you like him!

      Delete
  2. It's weird that the colour temperature would shift so much in the light tent.

    Nice bull!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was really surprised at how much difference the camera setting made. In the end I just went for "auto" with macro mode and no flash. I'm going to (gasp!) read the manual for my phone and see if I can work out what the optimum settings are.

      I'm glad you like bull #1 - two more to go!

      Delete
  3. Santa brought me that model long ago. What excellent taste he had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good old Santa. I bet he's got one hell of a gaming table!

      Delete
  4. I like how the grass board version has reflected the light up. I think you can see the detail better because of it. You might be able toget the same effect by shining a light low and from the side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good suggestion - I'll give it a try :)

      Delete